15 May 2010

Things I Miss

(Mike, Eric, family & friends not withstanding, and in no particular order):

-The Food Network (except for Ina as they occasionally show the Barefoot Contessa here)
-My pot filler (not drug related)
-My car
-My shower
-Having houseplants
-My food processor
-My kitchen sink
-My other kitchen sink
-My kitchen
-Stacey & Clinton
-Property Ladder on Saturday mornings
-My fabulous Whirlpool Duet washer & dryer that are less than 1-year old, have a huge capacity, and can wash & dry a load in considerably less than 3 hours
-Watching the last season of LOST with Eric
-Being in the same time zone with practically everyone else I know
-80 degrees. Make that 70 degrees.
-Grocery shopping at the Medford Shoprite. That's right - the Medford Shoprite; NOT the Johnson City Wegman's
-Having a garden

Things Chris misses:
-His car
-the grill
-the basement
-fire pit
-Bo Flex
-Sam the Beer Man
-Knife sharpener (The fact that it's sitting idle on the shelf in our kitchen pantry is killing Liz as well.)
-the Butchers in NJ. That's right - NOT NY, but NJ.

5 comments:

  1. I know you miss them, but not too worry! Your plant children are thriving out here on the crick... I will see if I can take some digital pictures and email them to you.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.....anything Virginia related is noticebaly missing. :) But, see? Told you New Jersey sneaks up on you!! :) My list would be considerably longer.

    Can't you get houseplants in London? I'd be completely, totally, absolutely lost without NGTV and Food Network!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss YOU! Of course you miss ShopRite, who wouldn't - but a coupon for a bottle of wine with your phone in order? Now that's something we could use here in the states. Okay, Chris misses the butchers in Jersey, but can he buy a decent hot sauce in London? Are you going to kneel down and kiss the ground when you return? In spite of what you miss, sounds like you are enjoying the UK for all it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My knives are dull, dull, dull.
    Tell Chris the beer man is OK.
    I was able to watch LOST w/ Ben, It's kind of a relief it is over.......
    What, exactly, IS a "pot filler"?
    Who are Stacy and CLinton?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Elizabeth A pot filler is a faucet above the stove top that lets you fill your oversize pots (eg., pasta) on the stove instead of at the sink. I want one! And Stacy and Clinton are the hosts of "What Not to Wear," on TLC (I think). Sue loves that show. :)

    ReplyDelete