12 June 2010

Notting Hill - the Movie


Ahh Notting Hill. The movie that cemented my love for Hugh Grant and my disdain for Julia Roberts. I love the movie, and the end always does make me so happy. But I can't help thinking after all is said and done that Hugh Grant really is Daniel Thacker, and Julia Roberts really is Anna Scott.

But anyhoo. I've seen the movie in the US a zillion times. Tonight, it was on here on Sky1. Toward the end of the movie, when Anna (Julia) is finally acting in a real movie (Henry James), they are filming "at Hampstead Heath", so one of the characters tells Daniel (Hugh). So of course, my attention perks up. Well. Remember the day that Kyle and I went to visit the Kenwood House, then didn't get lost in Hampstead Heath? That's where - in the movie - they are filming the Henry James movie that Anna (Julia) is in! Ya follow? That lovely estate home is the Kenwood House! The sprawling lawn? The lawn at the Kenwood House! The tunnel arbor that Daniel (Hugh) and Anna's (Julia) agent walk through while ducking? I've walked through it! And ducked!

Pretty cool, huh? Gives me eternal hope for a girl. standing in front of a boy. asking him to love her. Now I just need to go find that blue door...

2 comments:

  1. Eternal hope...a really good thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the park that they're are sitting in at the end? When she's pregnant and he's reading to her?

    ReplyDelete